Candidates must fulfill the following IDB criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a superior academic record.
- At least five (5) years of full-time professional working experience in the public sector (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Candidates must be 40 years old or less at the time of application.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than their home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- Persons already enrolled in graduate degree programs are not eligible.
- Executive directors, alternate directors, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible to apply.
Candidates must also fulfill the universities’ admission criteria. Relevant admission information may be found at the following links:
SKKU Graduate School of Governance (PDF format)
SKKU Graduate School of Governance (Word format)
The selected candidates must sign a letter agreeing to the following commitments:
- Candidates must agree to return to their home country upon completion of studies. If they do not do so, the participant must refund the total amount of the scholarship.
- Upon their return, candidates must agree to work in the public sector for at least 24 consecutive months. If they do not do so, the participant must refund the total or partial amount of the scholarship.
In addition to meeting the above criteria, candidates must send the following documentation to their government’s liaison:
- Copy of the candidate’s curriculum vitae
- Statement of Purpose
The governments of each country will be requested to submit the names of three mid-level public officials to the IDB. Once the IDB receives the list of the three country candidates, those candidates must begin their admission process at the Korean universities, taking into account each institution’s admission criteria. The admissions process is the responsibility of each candidate and is to be pursued directly with the universities.
Korean universities will contact the selected candidates directly. The complete list of selected candidates will be posted on the official program website.